To make a financial donation to The TOY Project, please find our
donation portal at the bottom of the page.
Your financial donation to the TOY project will support children through play,
ensuring equal access to books, toys and community sessions.
Donating Your Unwanted Toys
- Games and puzzles
- Wooden toys
- Character figures such as superheroes
- Lego, Duplo, Playmobil, Sylvanian Families – boxed sets, incomplete sets and loose parts all welcomed
- Construction toys such as Meccano or Knex
- Children’s books – fiction and non-fiction
- Children’s dressing up costumes and accessories
- Toy animals and dinosaurs
- Baby toys
- Dolls and toy babies and accessories
- Barbie and Bratz dolls and accessories
- Toy kitchens and play food
- Children’s bicycles, scooters and other ride-on toys
- Vintage and collectable toys
- Soft toys, fluffy toys or plushies, such as teddy bears
NO THANK YOU
- Anything broken, dirty or unsafe
- Baby equipment – including highchairs, pushchairs or car seats
- Used craft sets and paints
- CDs and DVDs
- Electrical items that plug into a mains electricity source
- Toy weapons – including Nerf guns and water pistols
- Children’s clothes and shoes
Please ensure your toys are clean, are in good working order and that toys such as jigsaw puzzles and board games have all their pieces.
If possible, please pack all donations in bags and / or boxes you are happy to leave with us as it is not always possible for donations to be processed as soon as they arrive.
The TOY Project
81 Junction Road Archway N19 5QU
Monday – Friday: 11am-6pm
Please note we are closed on Sundays
There are several ‘pay-and-display’ parking bays outside the shop on Junction Road.
Alternatively, the nearest Underground station is Archway (less than 5 minutes’ walk away) and the nearest Overground station is Upper Holloway (less than 15 minutes’ walk away). Archway is also served by a number of bus routes.
WHAT HAPPENS TO THE TOYS I DONATE?
Your donations of toys are sorted and processed and may end up in a variety of places!
The TOY Project gives toys to those who need them, including schools, hospitals, community centres and local families. For example, books may be given to a local school for a classroom story corner, baby toys might be donated to the play therapy team and the children’s ward at a local hospital and board games may be given to a community centre to run an after school club.
Other toys such as Sylvanians and LEGO may be used by The TOY Project to run workshops and play sessions for local children.
We also send toys further afield to children and communities in the Caribbean, Africa and India. For example, we have set up a library in Grenada where we send books four times a year and we have a partnership with Small Steps Project, an organisation that runs a programme supporting children and families living on rubbish dumps in Uganda and Kenya.
Some of your donated toys are sold in The TOY Project shop for someone else to buy and enjoy. The money raised in the shop supports the charity’s costs of giving toys to those who need them.
Please note that as not all of the donations are resold in our shop, we are unable to offer Gift Aid on donated items.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions about donations.